Be happy that it’s Friday! Here are just a few quick notes from ABG Capital to help you finish out your day…
Biggest Losers Update:
Today marks the end of week 3 for our Biggest Losers challengers and they’re still going strong and not giving up. Our challenge for the week was to track movement with a pedometer or some sort of equivalent smartphone app. The goal was to reach 10,000 steps a day, but we were still giving out points for those who reach 5,000. This challenge will be extended through Monday, so there’s extra time to rack up some points! The start of this week fell right after Father’s Day and we know everyone was celebrating with parties and other weekend get-togethers. To help our challengers get back on track, we gave them 10 great tips on how to detox after some no so healthy choices they made over the weekend. Once again, we want to give Sara a huge shout out for putting all of this great information together for us!
- Drink Water – A LOT of water. With all the toxins built up from a weekend of campfire and grill smoke – we need a flush! Drink 2 to 3 liters a day.
- Wait until you’re hungry – Then eat foods that are rich in fiber, lean protein, and antioxidants. For example: Oatmeal for breakfast, dark greens and grilled salmon or chicken at lunch, and brown rice with grilled chicken and broccoli or asparagus for dinner.
- Exercise – The following day after indulging is the perfect day to get back on track at the gym. Endorphin’s will be flowing, sweat will be dripping and the term “Sweat it Out” has a definite truth to it!
- Green Tea – Try a cup a day for the next 3 days. Green tea is a great diuretic that flushes the liver and reduces inflammation.
- Stretch – Work on lengthening your muscles that might be stiff or stagnant from a weekend of partying. Start with your quads & hamstrings holding each stretch for 30 seconds. You’ll feel more relaxed and mobile.
- Avoid/Reduce Stress – Meditate for 15 minutes, try a yoga class, get a massage, laugh at something! Don’t contribute to an already worn out body, get away and do what makes you happy!
- Organization – Keep your mind at ease by being organized. Create a 5 day plan prioritizing what needs to get done. Don’t overdo it. Only plan to accomplish the essentials. Seeing it in front of you will relax your mind and reassure yourself that this week is going to go smoothly.
As for this week’s blog post, we had a great article that talks about the benefits of incorporating sports into your employee Health and Wellness plans. As some of you might know, we have quarterly sporting events where we take a half a day on a Friday and get out of the office. Those sports include bowling, kickball, softball and football. If you check out this article, you’ll see some tips on how employers can turn simple sports into teamwork skill builders.
Other Office News:
One project that we’ve been working on for months now is an office decoration project that has transformed our office into a space where people feel at home. Last week we finished up the final phases of this project that included a wall dedicated to our Make-A-Wish efforts, our quarterly sports and even our Scotch Friday get-togethers. Check out the pictures below!
Thanks for stopping by the ABG Capital blog! Have a great weekend. 🙂Tweet